Delta-8-THC flower is a new, wildly popular dosing method for Delta-8, a psychoactive cannabinoid derived from legal hemp materials.
- Delta-8-THC flower is a popular dosing method that provides fast acting effects and allows people to control their experience.
- No Delta-8 strains of marijuana have ever been found growing naturally.
What is Delta-8- Flower?
Medical cannabis breeders are responsible for the myriad of new high-THC strains popping up all over, and breeders are working with geneticists to crossbreed strains that aren’t otherwise available. The cannabinoids found in marijuana, including cannabidiol (CBD), work together in ways that scientists still haven’t fully understood, and many medical cannabis users rely on CBD products to treat ailments.
Delta-8 THC flower is just hemp flower (marketed as CBD flower) that has been treated with Delta-8. The end result is the same—a cannabis flower that can be smoked to experience the psychoactive benefits of Delta-8.
Effects of Delta-8 Flower
Delta-8 THC has psychoactive effects, similar to delta-9 THC (i.e., the component responsible for the “high” people may experience from using cannabis). The FDA is aware of media reports of consumers who were unaware that their products contained delta-8 THC, consuming large amounts of products containing this compound, and reporting significant adverse events.
Benefits of Smoking D8 Flower
Hemp flower usually contains CBD and other cannabinoids, works together to provide benefits. D8 flower also offers the same health benefits of hemp strains, in addition to a fraction of the “high” that people experience from traditional marijuana.
There are some benefits that users have reported, including the following:
- D8 flower is a quick-acting form of THC that can produce psychoactive effects in as little as a few minutes.
- D8 is gentle enough to be taken in small consecutive doses, allowing you to gauge your tolerance level.
- D8 flower can provide a quicker, more immediate experience than edibles. The duration of the effects of D8 flower is usually 2-4 hours, depending on the tolerance level of the user.
- Many health practitioners suggest that traditional CBD flower with added D8 offers a more “balanced” effect than the D8 cannabinoid alone.
- Delta-8-THC flower is a great alternative to Delta-9 THC flower in most cases. It offers a similar experience without many of the drawbacks, like legality and accessibility issues.
Delta-8-THC Flower vs Delta-9-THC Flower
Delta-8-THC is less potent than Delta-9. Although this may seem like a drawback, it’s actually believed by some to be advantageous, because it may make Delta-8 more appropriate for beginners and more useful for certain medical applications.
D8 flower is also more accessible than D9, THC, or marijuana as it’s legality allows it to be ordered online and shipped out. If there’s no dispensary near you then this is a good method of seeing if D8 or THC similar products are a good option for you. Check out our shop to see what D8 entices you!